Welcome to the EquiChat forum for horse lovers. New members are welcome, please register to start using the forum and create advertisments.

Please read the Forum FAQ's to see the rules and regs before posting.

EquiChat Forum: Let's talk horses!
Coffee Hollow Kiss My Fannie
Last Post 02 Dec 2013 07:42 a.m. by Daisydonk. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Open
Open

--
19 Oct 2013 07:37 p.m.
    Out of the quarter horse mare Fanny Fein Deck (Domino Duke x Sinn Fein)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d62kxtxch9zd81o/DSC_0002_577.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d66ed57dh5xw1ft/DSC_0011_586.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mxzh3gjcvgulwl/DSC_0025_600.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/11gwrhop9hpw40y/DSC_0020_595.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j16vr1gv7xm7ekp/DSC_0041_616.jpg

Sire A Jacks A Male Coffee Hollow

She originated in Comfort Texas USA and was imported into GB 2008, now residing near York.
    Championship
    Championship

--
    19 Oct 2013 07:40 p.m.
    nice!!!
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears" - Arabian Proverb.
    First Ridden
    First Ridden

--
    19 Oct 2013 08:29 p.m.
    Very long legged lass. Very nice
    So many things that I want to say, that I shouldn't really say, that I just say anyway.
    Open
    Open

--
    19 Oct 2013 09:01 p.m.
    Love that last photo. You won't be able to put anything across her!

I wonder if she's related to Bindi? I often catch her looking at me like that!
    Allah's blessing . . . I have created thee Arab. Success and happiness are bound to thy forelock; bounty reposes on your back and riches are with you where ever you may be. And I have endowed you to fly without wings . . . . ..
    First Ridden
    First Ridden

--
    20 Oct 2013 06:28 p.m.
    Love her! Do they neigh like a horse or bray like a donkey? Or something else?
    To make a small fortune out of horses start with a large one
    Open
    Open

--
    20 Oct 2013 06:35 p.m.
    Haha. Never thought of that Cracker!

Come on DaisyD. tell us please.
    Allah's blessing . . . I have created thee Arab. Success and happiness are bound to thy forelock; bounty reposes on your back and riches are with you where ever you may be. And I have endowed you to fly without wings . . . . ..
    Open
    Open

--
    20 Oct 2013 09:01 p.m.
    Djelibeybi has a funny low squeak but Phlossi is more like a cut off neigh.

She will stand loose in the field while I pick up her feet and is learning about having the inside of her ears rubbed. Djeli is carefully watching it all and this morning came alongside for a stroke. I think that this is a first since I got her as she will not usually approach unless food is involved and then it is very cautious in case I may try to catch her.
    Open
    Open

--
    22 Oct 2013 02:31 p.m.
    She's lovely! Those ears are terrific.

Texas to Yorkshire, bit of a climate change! Less tornados in Yorkshire I expect :-p
    Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans.
    -John Lennon
    Open
    Open

--
    22 Oct 2013 07:50 p.m.
    She arrived via that heathen county Lancashire. While we do get "weather" tornados are not great features I admit.
    Open
    Open

--
    28 Oct 2013 10:19 p.m.
    How do I download the pics?
    Open
    Open

--
    28 Oct 2013 10:46 p.m.
    If you have dropbox you can download the links to your folder otherwise I think that you can only copy the links and not the pictures. I have not worked out how to post them as pictures instead of links yet. My old computers dropbox worked using the [img] thing but these do not seem to.

I could email you the pictures if you need them.
    Open
    Open

--
    01 Nov 2013 09:46 p.m.
    DD go to the thread from Miss M on being back in the saddle (riding and training section.) There are some great hints on how to load pics. If I can follow them, anyone can. (I'm a computer Neanderthal)
    What sort of Quarantine restrictions are there, (in Britain) on equines out of the US?
    Open
    Open

--
    03 Nov 2013 03:54 a.m.
    She was imported in 2008 so I do not know what the regulations are now. She had to do amonth of quarantine.

My farrier phobic mule has overcome her fears with the help of my great farrier. I had the four of them fenced off in a small grass area when he came this week. We caught the old mare first and did her in the middle of the patch. Phlossi kept Ratty between her and the farrier and snorted a lot. Once she had been done I tied her up to the gatepost as she is a dominant mare who would have muscled in to what we were doing in case she missed any feed ect. Ippy the three year old was then caught and trimmed. This time whilst still snorting Phlossi stayed on the same side as the farrier watching everything that was happening.

Next I caught Phlossi herself and after dancing around a bit she allowed the farrier to make friends and stroke her head. More dancing ensued before he could scratch her neck and along her back to her tail, both sides. As she was being so good he picked up a foot and she stood like a trooper for him to trim. She even picked the last foot up for him before he was ready.

I hope that the vet phobia will be as easy to crack.
    First Ridden
    First Ridden

--
    03 Nov 2013 08:51 p.m.
    She looks awesome DD!

Well done with getting her more accustomed to the farrier, she sounds a smart girl!
    Open
    Open

--
    03 Nov 2013 08:58 p.m.
    She is. I have just bought a stock saddle on ebay which I am hoping will fit her. It is so long since I rode properly that I feel I may need that bit extra if she whips round, which I understand is a mule trait. I do have a GP saddle that should fit for later when we are a team.
    Open
    Open

--
    04 Nov 2013 10:35 a.m.
    DD, a nice deep saddle helps with stickability. Did you see my spin-around vid on FB, when the little plane taxied up and B&B were quite sure that it was in attack mode. Confusion reigned, but I didn't come off!
    Open
    Open

--
    02 Dec 2013 05:16 a.m.
    Phlossi today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q62jdi7h83fym0/DSC_0027_665.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbcet6hmnnk3osz/DSC_0033_671.jpg
    Open
    Open

--
    02 Dec 2013 07:27 a.m.
    Narrow backside - is that a feature of mule conformation or will she fill out like a horse? I see that she has her ears on you!

Did you see the mules on my fb page?

There is a group: Donkey and Mule Connection.

Makes you realize what a variety of mules there is!
    Open
    Open

--
    02 Dec 2013 07:42 a.m.
    She will fill out some yet but will be narrower than a horse. She is 13 years old but has been a fair bit underweight. I posted a link to her backside when I got her earlier in the thread.

I have joined the Donkey and Mule Connection after you posted on facebook.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Copyright 2011-2014