Welcome to the EquiChat forum for horse lovers. New members are welcome, please register to start using the forum and create advertisments.

Please read the Forum FAQ's to see the rules and regs before posting.

EquiChat Forum: Let's talk horses!
Homeopathy for horses...
Last Post 30 Jan 2014 08:09 p.m. by MummyFi. 109 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 6 of 6 << < 23456
Author Messages
Open
Open

--
29 Jan 2014 02:44 p.m.
Brandywine, I agree with George. Soaking your feet in a warm deep bowl of epsom salts solution is a real soother for general aches. You could invest in an inflatable paddling pool to have a body soak in, if you have a spot to put it.
Open
Open

--
29 Jan 2014 02:49 p.m.
Ooh I didn't think of chucking epson salts in the pool! Great idea, we have a spa which is good but the inflatable pool is great on these hot days.

I got a foot spa ages ago and used to put them in there.
Championship
Championship

--
29 Jan 2014 07:25 p.m.
I take a magnesium supplement daily and have found it really helpful for my restless legs, in fact I won't do without it! Still get cramp though!
All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day. ~Author Unknown
Novice
Novice

--
29 Jan 2014 11:23 p.m.
I used to suffer restless leg syndrome at night. For a completely different reason I was given a blood test which showed I was very low in iron. Was put on iron tabs for 3 months, and one of the "side effects" was no more RLS! I have since read up on it and iron deficiency is a common cause of it. =) I also take magnesium daily.
Sometimes you can trust a horse, sometimes you can't, and sometimes you just have to.
girlspotsUser is Online
Open
Open

--
30 Jan 2014 06:59 a.m.
Cramp can be low salt ... or is that too simplistic
Championship
Championship

--
30 Jan 2014 07:34 a.m.
fha ha! Yes GS! Cramp has more than one cause. I only wish it was low sodium in my case, it would make my doctor very happy! In my case it is to do with the nerve supply to my right leg. Inappropriate messages. That's the restless leg cause too. As with the reason we give it to horses, it setyles the nerve cells a bit and steadies the firing.
All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day. ~Author Unknown
Open
Open

--
30 Jan 2014 08:18 a.m.
Heidiho interesting I used to get RLS and can be low in iron or B12 as I don't eat red meat (only on the low side side of normal).

MM maybe you could try the homeopathic stop cramp and let us know if it works? The army doctor who did all the Triathlons swore by it but doesn't believe in homeopathy.
Open
Open

--
30 Jan 2014 04:29 p.m.
And don't forget sweet smelly bathsalts! Radox was simply green colored mg salt. I wonder if it's still sold.
Allah's blessing . . . I have created thee Arab. Success and happiness are bound to thy forelock; bounty reposes on your back and riches are with you where ever you may be. And I have endowed you to fly without wings . . . . ..
Championship
Championship

--
30 Jan 2014 07:02 p.m.
I accept your challenge Katrena! Will get some on Saturday and report back!
Open
Open

--
30 Jan 2014 08:09 p.m.
Yes they still do the green radox. I love it cause it smells nice and bubbles, glad it has magnesium in it cause always wondered why it worked so well. In fact if I can get organised to clean the bath I might have one tonight
with a horse between your knees, mane in your fingers, and pricked ears framing the world...
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 6 of 6 << < 23456

Copyright 2011-2014